AlpaGreen is a flexible plastic that consists of 3 components:
- Polyethylene (LDPE or MDPE): This type of material ensures prolonged strength and carrying capacity, and defines the glossy or matt appearance of the carrier bag or packaging.
- Recycled polyethylene (recycled PE): Using recycled raw materials gives waste a second life and contributes to preserving the ever-decreasing stocks of fossil raw materials.
- Biobased polyethylene: "Biobased" means that the material is, either partially or entirely, made from renewable raw materials. Our biobased polyethylene is made from certified renewable polyethylene produced from biomass from second generation feedstock, meaning there is no competition with the food chain. Second generation feedstocks can be derived from agricultural and forestry residues or waste. The raw material we use for AlpaGreen is extracted from the wood industry and is certified according to RedCert. This certification system has robust procedures and documentation requirements with regard to traceability, based on a mass-balance approach.
AlpaGreen is not compostable, but 100% recyclable.
With this green film we strive to reduce the ecological footprint of our products drastically, and we offer you an environment-friendly and affordable alternative for conventional polyethylene.
Why choose AlpaGreen for your packaging or carrier bag?
Carrier bags made from AlpaGreen look the same and have the same carrying capacity, tensile and wet strength as carrier bags made from traditional polyethylene but they also have several additional benefits:
- The CO2 footprint is up to 60% lower than with regular PE.
- Fossil raw materials can be saved thanks to the use of recycled and biobased polyethylene.
- The use of recycled material reduces waste.
- Compared to standard production of new plastic, energy consumption is lower thanks to recycling.
What products can be made from AlpaGreen?
AlpaGreen can be used for the production of:
Good to know…
Green products are often more expensive than their regular counterparts. Compared with traditional PE carrier bags, the price for an AlpaGreen carrier bag is only about 20% higher. This means that AlpaGreen is a genuine ecological and economic alternative for regular plastic bags or flexible packaging.
If you have any questions about the above-mentioned type of material or if you are looking for a carrier bag or packaging in AlpaGreen, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Examples of products made from AlpaGreen